What is the Community Care Services Program?
The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) is a state Medicaid program administered through the Division of Aging and the Coastal Georgia Area Agency on Aging. CCSP helps people who are elderly and/or functionally impaired to continue living in their homes and communities. CCSP offers community-based care as an alternative to nursing home placement. Comprehensive Care Coordination for Coastal Georgia is managed by the Coastal Health District.
Who is Eligible for CCSP Services?
CCSP offers community-based services to those people who are:
- Appropriate for a Nursing Home Level of Care
- Eligible or potentially eligible for Medicaid
- In need of services provided by the CCSP, and who have physical limitations which restrict his or her ability to perform normal activities and live independently
- Able to live safely in the community with the CCSP services
What services are available?
- Home Health Services may include nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and medical social services to individuals who meet homebound criteria.
- Personal Support Services provides assistance with light housekeeping, meal preparation, shopping, personal care, and in-home respite care.
- Emergency Response is a system that enables a client to summon help for family, friends, or emergency medical service.
- Home Delivered Meals are delivered to the home Monday through Friday, with frozen meals available for weekends.
- Adult Day Health clients are transported to and from the ADH center where daytime activities, therapeutic services and meals are offered in a group/social setting.
- Alternative Living Services provides a residence other than a nursing home for those clients unable to remain in their own homes.
Is there a fee for CCSP?
There is no fee for those individuals who receive Supplemental Security Income. There may be a fee for those individuals who qualify for Medical Assistance Only Medicaid.
How do I apply for CCSP?
Call the Area Agency on Aging at 1-800-580-6860 to speak to an INTAKE SPECIALIST for a telephone screening. Eligible clients will be referred to the CCSP for assessment.
How do I reach the Care Coordination office?
View our CCSP Commercials: